Preparation :- Mutton Biryani
FOR MARINATING MUTTON:
Firstly, in a large bowl, add the mutton pieces, add salt to taste, add red chilli powder, add turmeric powder, add ginger garlic paste.
Add cinnamon sticks, caraway seeds, cloves, cardamom powder, black pepper corn powder, cubebs and mix the whole mixture well.
Add 3 tbsp green paste(paste of green chillies, coriander leaves, mint leaves by adding a pinch of salt) into it and mix well.
Add crushed deep fried onions, oil into it and mix it.
Add garam masala powder and mix the whole mixture well.
Rest this marinade in the refrigerator for about 4-5 hours.
When the mutton is marinated for more than 3 hours, add beaten yogurt into it and mix well.
Also add lemon extracted juice into it, give a mix and rest it aside.
FOR COOKING RICE:
When the mutton is marinated for more than 3 hours wash and soak the rice for 40 minutes.
Meanwhile take a large cooking pot, add water generously into it.
Add salt into the water for taste.
Add whole spices such as cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, black pepper, caraway seeds into the water.
Bring the water to a boil.
When the water boils add soaked rice into it.
Cook the rice until it is ¾ th done / 70% done.
Strain the rice completely.
FOR THE DUM AND SEASONING:
Take a large cooking utensil, add oil and coat the base well.
Add the whole mutton marinade at the bottom.
Over it add all the rice that has been strained.
Over the top, add some water/milk all over the rice.
Add saffron flavored milk all over the rice.
Garnish with coriander leaves and mint leaves.
Garnish with deep fried crushed onions.
Add some ghee for fragrance.
Add little oil all over to prevent the biryani from getting dry.
Add lemon extracted juice all over the rice.
Seal the lid of the cooking pot tightly with a chapathi dough.
Place a skillet/tawa below the cooking pot while giving dum.
Dum the biryani for about 15-20 minutes on highfllame and for 40 minutes on sim flame.
The biryani gets cooked in an hour.
Always take the biryani out from one corner and take it out from the bottom to the top.
Serve the biryani with any raita or mirchi ka salan or bagara baingan salan.
INGREDIENTS FOR MARINATING MUTTON:
- 1½ kg mutton cleaned and washed well salt - as per taste
- 2 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 3-4 small cinnamon sticks(dalchini)
- 1 tsp caraway seeds(shahi zeera)
- 3-4 cloves(loung)
- 1 tsp green cardamom powder(elaichi powder)
- 1 tsp black pepper corn powder(kali mirchi powder)
- 2-3 kabab chini(chinese cubeb)
- 8-10 green chillies
- 1 large bunch coriander leaves
- 1 large bunch mint leaves
- 1 cup of deep fried onions
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 3 cups yogurt/curd
- 1 tbsp extracted lemon juice
INGREDIENTS FOR THE RICE:
- 1.25 kg rice salt to taste
- 2 medium size cinnamon sticks
- 2-3 green cardamoms
- 3-4 cloves
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 3-4 black pepper corns
- water to cook rice
- 1 tbsp lemon extracted juice
FOR THE DUM AND SEASONING:
- a large cooking pot
- 2 tbsp oil to coat the base
- ¼ cup saffron flavored milk(2 strands of saffron dipped in ¼th cup milk)
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves for garnising
- 2 tbsp chopped mint leaves for garnishing
- 2 tbsp crushed deep fried onions for garnishing
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 2 tbsp edible oil
- 2 tbsp lemon extracted juice